Samantha, over at http://hisendlesslove.com, nominated me for the Liebster award! It’s purpose is to recognize new bloggers, reach more people, and essentially making a blogger very happy. 🙂
- Link back to the blogger that nominated you
- Answers the 11 new questions
- Nominate other bloggers (however many or few as you’d like)
- Create 11 (or however many you’d like) new questions
- Notify the new nominees of their award.
- When did you start blogging and why? I started blogging back in 2012, a blog I still update on occasion: http://princecharming101.blogspot.com is all about relationships. My brother inspired me to write a blog teaching young men how to treat women with respect, and win our hearts! I started A Future Hope last year, when I was fresh out of college, and needing to have a purpose that served God and encouraged other people.
- What is your favorite movie? Easter Parade, with Judy Garland and Fred Astaire. They sing, they dance, and the story line is great! Makes me happy every time I watch it.
- When was your last, best vacation? A few years ago my family went on a cruise, which was such a blessing. It was really neat to be on a huge ship, and fun to explore a couple islands. My favorite part was swimming with dolphins!
- Fun fact that nobody knows about you? I can touch my tongue on my nose, 😛 a totally useless talent, but fun nonetheless!
- What is your favorite, non-religious book? I’m a reader, so it’s hard to narrow it down. But my favorite has to be These Happy Golden Years, by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Such a beautiful love story, from the woman who wrote Little House on the Prairie.
- What is your favorite religious book? Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young. She never fails to encourage me, and I think God uses her writing to bring my focus back to Him.
- Describe your perfect weekend. Ooohhh! A beautiful sunny day in Colorado. Family and friends (or the future love of my life) would pick me up in the morning, and we would head to the mountains for a hike! I’d pack a picnic lunch, with goodies I baked myself. We would hike to the top of the mountain while soaking in God’s grand creation. We’d have our picnic, and laugh a lot :). It would be a time of peace and refreshment, and everyone would leave with a spring in their step.
- If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? Why? Laura Ingalls Wilder. She lived on the prairie, and had such an amazing life. She is the author of my favorite book series, Little House on the Prairie.
- Describe yourself in three words. Christian, Sassy, Adventurous
- What single quality do you appreciate in other people? Reliable/Trustworthy… I think they are connected.
- What is your favorite post you’ve ever written (link please): It’s called “Broken Girl in a Broken World”, and shows how I dealt with disappointment and God forcing me to slow down. It’s more raw and personal than some of my other posts. https://afuturehope.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/broken-girl-in-a-broken-world/
Here are the 11 questions:
1. When did you start blogging, and why?
2. What is your favorite movie?
3. What is your best childhood memory?
4. What is a fun fact about you not many people know?
5. What is your favorite book?
6. Describe your perfect weekend.
7. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? Why?
8. Describe yourself in 3 words.
9. What is your favorite time of the year? Why?
10. What quality do you most appreciate in other people?
11.What is your favorite post you’ve ever written? (link please)